g'day mate!!!

Saturday, September 02, 2006

So today is Fathers Day in OZ! Happy pappy's day to my lovely padre!!! And what did I get for fathers day about 4 days ago (i think due to the fact that my dad is crazy about birds...) I WAS ATTACKED BY A MAGPIE!!! Ok so these birds are one of the first species we saw in Melbourne...we actually thought it was a rare sighting since they are a big black and white bird...not as big as an eagle but about twice the size of a normal northwestern crowe (which by the way the crowes here are HUGE as well!) So i'm walking to the bus stop on wednesday morning EARLY for once in my life so yes I must admit i was strolling :) When all of the sudden SWOOP!!! A full grown adult magpie flies right over the top of my head!!! Ok ok so I know every once in a while it happens so I thought it was funny, laughed it off and kept on walking! Then walk walk walk...all the sudden i hear the same noise from the flapping wings just before BANG!!! my head flies forwards from the birds beak (i'm pretty sure) PUMMELING into the back of my head!!! I stood stunned for a bit holding the back of my head *it hurt A LOT* and then looked up at the bird watching it land in the tree! I know this picture's blurry but it's the back of my head where that darn bird pelted me!!!



I was eating a bagel so I thought that was what it may be after so putting the bagel in my backpack I walked slowly watching the black and white devil in the tree. He kept looking at me with that evil bird eye! Like he was watching me and wouldn't rest till I was gone! I walked around till I was far enough away and on the other side of the trees (having waved my arms and stomped the ground as I passed by him to scare him off) but NEEDLESS TO SAY the devil bird didn't budge! So I waited till i was far enough away then turned around and started to walk again...I was holding my head for a bit of the way...a headache starting to form...and then i heard the familiar noise AGAIN!!! I was quick this time and turned around and ducked! (i realize turning around wasn't the smartest thing to do now, but at least i ducked!) so then I waited till he landed again and then BOOKED IT for the bus stop!!! I've never felt so violated in my entire life!!! I couldn't scare a bird away! And my head was bleeding with a huge beak hole in it!!! Rediculous! hehe I have pictures! and now it feels liek i have dandruff since the scab is flaking! ha! And it's right were my ponytail goes! SO HAPPY FATHERS DAY to my lovely birdwatching daddy! and word of advice or so i'm told now...always look at them! or even wearing a hat or sunglasses on the back of your head helps because they only attack you from behind!!! vicious birds tho! they weren't going after my bagel after all! it was ME!!! because i was on their turf! My grocery store guy says "just wait till their babies hatch"...HA...oh my! We missed this season when we came in January apparently :) but beware of the magpies!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home