g'day mate!!!

Monday, September 04, 2006

So I realized last Wednesday that my coffee guy didn't remember just my coffee and my name...he remembers pretty much everyone's coffee and name ha...so I did what I always do in these sort of situations when my hopes and dreams get crushed and swore him off...like quitting smoking...cold turkey...no more coffees cuz the little giggle in my day is gone. Who am I kidding, I haven't been able to drink my caramel OR vanilla lattes since i've been back from hong kong...I pay 4.50 for a HOT CHOCOLATE with mint of course but still! ha so i've been going to placement...working...schooling...and going out as my time in oz comes quickly to the end. Live it up while i'm here eh? keep busy...and don't buy so much freakin hot cocoa! i have the mix at home! ;) so i'm late coming home from placement today...arrived in on my bus just as i saw the one i wanted to catch driving out...NOOO it's freezing outside and so i go inside to warm up for a bit while waiting not just the 15 but 20 minutes for the next one due to a gap in the schedule. I go back out when the time comes closer and sit on the bench to wait...people walk by...i think ooo every time i see anyone then i just sit there...knowing it'll be just like all my other bus rides home and then i looked up...not because i heard anything...not because i saw anything...i just looked up...and there he was...i had to look at him for a bit cuz it hadn't quite sunk in but it was him...coffee guy...asking if the 6:20 802 had come yet. i turned off my sappy sad ipod music and we had a chat while we waited for the 802 and the entire way home...

as he began to talk about how he used to smoke but quit (in his defense after he said starbucks tastes like shit)...i started to realize that i really had no idea who this mystery coffee guy was. there's been something about him ever since he said "you're erin right?"...and yet what did i really know about him? and then it hit me...sitting next to my coffee guy on the 802...i miss having someone to sit next to...

talk to...laugh with...hug...give me a hug...go out to dinner with...go have a drink with...go shopping with...go have a coffee with...it's such a friendly place this australia...but it's not home...by remembering my name coffee guy made australia feel a little more like home...and at the end of the day...it's just nice to have somebody know your name...

i wanna go where everybody knoooows my naaaaaaaaaaaaaame...

here i don't even have a best friend to call up and tell my cute coffee guy story to cuz it's 3:20am where she is...

1 Comments:

  • hey, y must ur best friend be a she, cant it b a him...u noe u can always call me up anytime of the day...just that u dont want to cos u feel like u r disturbing me....but i hope u can call me when ever u need someone.. love u erin!!!

    By Blogger jon, at Tuesday, September 05, 2006 4:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home